|IntroductionOur self-catering cottage in Victoria Street, Southwold is 200 years old. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please telephone or e-mail.
- We have a website at www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via e-mail or phone
- The nearest bus stop in the town is 200 metres from the entrance
- The nearest train stations are Halesworth (9 miles) and Darsham (10 miles); there are accessible taxis at the stations
Arrival and Car Parking
- Keys are collected from Kathy Oliver’s home in Wangford, directions having been supplied in the acknowledgement of balance letter, or by special arrangement in Southwold for those arriving by public transport.
- On street parking is available in Victoria Street, or in some nearby residential roads for an unlimited time, or free of charge in the Common car park which is approx 300 metres away, and a map is supplied on arrival showing its location.
- The front door entrance has a threshold step 16cm high from the street. The door clearance is 70cm in width and the key hole locks are 110cm and 144cm high
- The sitting room, stairs and bedroom are all covered with short pile carpet. There is good contrast between the carpet and skirtings.
- A smoke alarm is fitted on the landing.
- This room has 3 matching armchairs.
- There are wall lights.
- A threshold step 3cm high leads to the kitchen.
- From the sitting room a staircase leads to the first floor. 11 stairs each have a tread of 24cm and rise of 19cm. The width of the staircase is 80cm and there is a bannister rail on each side.
- The door width to the kitchen is 66cm.
- The flooring is vinyl, providing some contrast with skirtings.
- Work surfaces are at heights of 90cm with 3 drawers , as well as 3 sets of cupboards under.
- There is 1 set of wall mounted cupboards.
- A drop leaf table opens to 90cm by 60 cm giving a clearance of 73cm under.
- A floor standing fridge fits under the work surface and has a small integral freezer compartment.
- The electric cooker 90cm high, also floor standing, has 4 burners and a doble oven plus grill compartment accessed from the front.
- The double single sink is 90cm in height with cupboards under.
- Hot water for the sink is provided by a wall mounted immersion heater.
- Back door width is 63cm. A step 16cm leads up to the side passage, and the key hole is at a height of 104cm.
- This landing approx 140cm by 150cm leads to the WC, and a 20cm step up leads to another small landing 119cm by 80cm giving access to the shower room and double bedroom.
- The door width is 62cm.
- Shower step is 22cm high. A 6cm wide rim surrounds the tray and it drops 9cm to the tray floor.
- Electric shower controls 114cm high.
- A grab rail with mid point at 115cm is positioned on side wall of the shower.
- This has vinyl flooring providing some contrast with skirtings.
- Door width 63cm.
- Toilet seat height 43cm.
- Access width is 66cm to both rooms.
- In the double room the bed is standard 4 foot 6 inches wide beds with height of 53cm.
- The single room has a 3 foot wide bed, 55cm high.
- Each room has a sink height 82cm with hot and cold running water supplied by instant heaters.
- There are drawer units and hanging space in each room.
- A shared path leads from the outside kitchen door to a small kitchen yard, housing the wheelie bin, a clothes line and a lockable shed for bicycles. At its narrowest it is 66cm wide.
- Tourist information is on the sitting room dresser. A Visitor Information Point is in Southwold Library on North Green, 600 metres from the cottage, telephone 01502 722519.
- A notice board in the kitchen contains information about the cottage and essential services and this is reproduced in a large print folder with the tourist information. Also on the dresser is a fire safety risk assessment and inventory.
- There is good mobile phone reception.
- Free secure WiFi is available.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in the town approximately 250 metres from the cottage.
- A wheelie bin for refuse is the kitchen yard and refuse is collected weekly on the Trade Refuse collection cycle.
- The cottage is no smoking.
- Dogs are allowed at a small extra charge, but must never be left in unattended. Puppies are not accepted.
- Address: 58 Victoria Street, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6JQ.
- Owner address for booking and key collection: 1 Sawyers Cottage, Norfolk Road, Wangford, Suffolk NR34 8RE.
- Owner telephone: 01502 578383
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Local taxi: 07899 011383
- Bus: First Group 08456 020 121
- Cycle hire: 01502 724280