|IntroductionOur self-catering cottage in Lorne Road, Southwold, is 200 years old. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please telephone or e-mail.
- We have a website at www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via e-mail or phone
- The nearest bus stop in the town is 200 metres from the entrance
- The nearest train stations are Halesworth (9 miles) and Darsham (10 miles); there are accessible taxis at the stations
Arrival and Car Parking
- Keys are collected from Kathy Oliver’s home in Wangford, directions having been supplied in the acknowledgement of balance letter, or by special arrangement in Southwold for those arriving by public transport.
- Unloading and loading can take place on single yellow-lined part of the road close to the entrance.
- It is possible to park in some nearby residential roads for an unlimited time, or free of charge in the Common car park which is approx 50 metres away, and a map is supplied on arrival showing its location.
- The property is accessed by a gate 90cm wide down an 11cm step, to the front door.
- The front door entrance has a threshold step 4cm high. The door clearance is 69cm in width and the key hole lock is 102cm high
- Inside the front door is a rectangular stair well, 87cm wide and 132 in length at the foot of a flight of 10 stairs each with a tread of 26 cm and a rise of 22cm. There is a grab rail at either side.
- The front door stairwell is carpeted with door mat quality carpet, the stairs, landing and bedrooms are all covered with short pile carpet. There is good contrast between the carpet and skirtings.
- The first floor landing averages 210cm wide by 265cm deep.
- Smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm are fitted on the landing wall.
Sitting / dining room
- Door width 72cm, threshold step 3cm.
- The polished pine floor is covered by a sisal mat in the sitting area, and provides good contrast with the skirtings.
- There is a 3-seater sofa bed and 2 armchairs.
- The sofa bed opens to 6 foot long, 4 foot 4 inches wide and 51cm high.
- A walk-in understairs cupboard contains garden furniture, hoover, etc. Door width 62cm, step height 12cm.
- There are wall lights and a standard lamp.
- An enclosed wood / coal buring stove has a fire guard provided.
- The dining area contains a pine table 119cm x 91cm with a clearance of 59cm under. 6 wooden dining room chairs have detachable cushions.
- A fitted wall cupboard contains glassware.
- A dresser contains tourist information, table mats, games, etc.
- The door width to the kitchen is 69cm. Step height 6cm up from the dining area, and 1cm down to kitchen floor level.
- The flooring is vinyl, providing good contrast with skirtings.
- Work surfaces are at a height of 92cm.
- An under surface integral fridge has a small freezer compartment.
- The dishwasher is under working surface.
- The integral cooker has a double electric oven and grill with top 88cm high, and a gas hob at 98cm high, with 4 burners.
- The single sink is 92cm in height with cupboards below. Further floor and wall mounted cupboards fill the rest of the available space.
- Door width 60cm. Threshold step: 3cm.
- Floor is brick and offers good contrast with the skirtings.
- Work surface height 93cm, under which is a washer / dryer and freezer both height 86cm.
- From the kitchen, the back door width is 70cm, and the kitchen yard is accessed by an intervalled step rising 5cm from the kitchen, descending 22cm in 2 stages over 48cm distance.
- The outside toilet door width is 52cm, accessed by a step 5cm up from the yard and 4cm down to a quarry tiled floor offering good contrast with the walls.
- Toilet seat height 41cm.
- A passage 90cm wide leads to the back gate 64cm wide which is bolted from inside.
- The bathroom door width is 68cm with a 3cm step up.
- The tiled floor is mainly white with some blue offering little contrast with skirtings.
- The bath is 55cm high. A grab rail with centre at 70cm is positioned on the long wall side of the bath.
- Toilet seat height is 44cm.
- Wash basin height is 79cm.
- A walk in shower has a step height of 11cm, door width of 63cm and the controls are 123 high. There is a grab rail on the back wall with centre at a height of 130cm.
- A floor to ceiling cupboard contains a combination gas boiler providing hot water for basin, sinks, bath and radiators.
- Access width to double room is 65cm and to the twin bedded room 68cm.
- The double room has a standard 4 foot 6 inch divan 60cm high. The twin bedded room has standard 3 foot wide beds with heights of 53cm, a walk in cupboard providing hanging space and shelving and a further shelved cupboard.
- There are drawer units and 1 wooden kitchen-type chair in each room.
- Tourist information is in the dining room dresser. A Visitor Information Point is in Southwold Library on North Green, 600 metres from the cottage, telephone 01502 722519.
- A notice board in the kitchen contains information about the flat and essential services and this is reproduced in a large print folder with the tourist information. Also in that drawer is a fire safety risk assessment and inventory.
- There is good mobile phone reception.
- Free secure WiFi is available.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in the town approximately 350 metres from the flat
- A wheelie bin for refuse is in the back yard and refuse is collected weekly on the Trade Refuse collection cycle.
- The cottage is no smoking.
- Dogs are allowed at a small extra charge, but must never be left in unattended. Puppies are not accepted.
- Address: Happy Cottage, 6 Lorne Road, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6EP.
- Owner address for booking and key collection: 1 Sawyers Cottage, Norfolk Road, Wangford, Suffolk NR34 8RE.
- Owner telephone: 01502 578383
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Local taxi: 07899 011383
- Bus: First Group 08456 020 121
- Cycle hire: 01502 724280