Our self-catering flat comprises the ground floor of a 200-year old town house, East Lodge in East Street, Southwold. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please telephone or e-mail.
- We have a website at www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via e-mail or phone
- The nearest bus stop in the town is 150 metres from the entrance
- The nearest train stations are Halesworth (9 miles) and Darsham (10 miles); there are accessible taxis at the stations
Arrival and Car Parking
- Keys are collected from Kathy Oliver’s home in Wangford, directions having been supplied in the acknowledgement of balance letter, or by special arrangement in Southwold for those arriving by public transport.
- Off street parking for one car is available immediately beside the flat.
- The front door entrance has a threshold step 6cm high from the street with a 18cm drop to the inside. The door clearance is 63cm in width and the key hole lock is 78cm high.
- The hall width is 100cm restricting to 62cm to accommodate fixtures. It is 450cm long.
- The hall, sitting room / dining room and bedroom are all covered with short pile carpet. There is good contrast between the carpet and skirtings.
- There are no steps within the flat.
- A smoke alarm is fitted in the hall.
Sitting room / Dining room
- Door width 72cm.
- This room has a 2-seater sofa bed and 2 armchairs.
- The sofa bed opens to 6 foot long, 3 foot 10 inches wide and 46cm high.
- There are wall lights, a standard lamp and a table lamp.
- A feature electric fire has controls at floor level.
- The gate leg dining room tableopens to 114cm x 75cm with a clearance of 71cm under. 4 wooden dining room chairs are provided.
- The door width to the kitchen is 72cm.
- The flooring is vinyl, providing some contrast with skirtings.
- Work surfaces are at heights of 90cm with 3 drawers under.
- There are 2 sets of wall mounted cupboards.
- A floor standing fridge of height 100cm has a small integral freezer compartment above at height 138cm.
- The electric cooker 90cm high, also floor standing, has 4 burners and a single oven plus grill compartment accessed from the front.
- The single sink is 90cm in height with cupboards under.
- A cupboard contains an immersion heater that provides hot water for the kitchen sink, bathroom basin and bath.
- Back door width is 60cm. A step 20cm leads up to the patio garden.
- This has vinyl flooring providing some contrast with skirtings.
- The bathroom door width is 70cm.
- The bath is 54cm high with integral grab rails on each side and has a flexible power shower over. The controls for this are wall mounted at 140cm. A grab rail with mid point at 130cm is positioned on the long wall side of the bath.
- Toilet seat height is 44cm.
- Wash basin height is 80cm.
- Access width is 68cm.
- The bed is standard 4 foot 6 inches wide beds with height of 70cm.
- There are drawer units and 1 wooden dining chair in each room.
- Available space on 3 sides around bed is 60cm, 108cm and 25cm respectively.
- A 6cm step gives access to the patio from outside, and the back gate is 68cm wide. The key hole is 97cm high.
- Tourist information is in the sitting / dining room sideboard. A Visitor Information Point is in Southwold Library on North Green, 500 metres from the flat, telephone 01502 722519.
- A notice board in the kitchen contains information about the flat and essential services and this is reproduced in a large print folder with the tourist information. Also in that drawer is a fire safety risk assessment and inventory.
- There is good mobile phone reception.
- Free secure WiFi is available.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in the town approximately 300 metres from the flat
- Wheelie bins for refuse are in the car parking space of Lower East Lodge and refuse is collected weekly on the Trade Refuse collection cycle.
- The flat is no smoking.
- Dogs are allowed at a small extra charge, but must never be left in unattended. Puppies are not accepted.
- Address: Lower East Lodge, East Street, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6EH.
- Owner address for booking and key collection: 1 Sawyers Cottage, Norfolk Road, Wangford, Suffolk NR34 8RE.
- Owner telephone: 01502 578383
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Local taxi: 07899 011383
- Bus: First Group 08456 020 121
- Cycle hire: 01502 724280