Access Statement for Upper East Lodge
Our self-catering flat comprises the first and second floors of a 200-year old town house, East Lodge in East Street, Southwold. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please telephone or e-mail.
- We have a website at www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via e-mail or phone
- The nearest bus stop in the town is 150 metres from the entrance
- The nearest train stations are Halesworth (9 miles) and Darsham (10 miles); there are accessible taxis at the stations
Arrival and Car Parking
- Keys are collected from Kathy Oliver’s home in Wangford, directions having been supplied in the acknowledgement of balance letter, or by special arrangement in Southwold for those arriving by public transport.
- Street parking immediately outside the flat is limited to 30 minutes between 8am and 6pm. Unloading and loading can take place here or on yellow-lined part of the road close to the entrance.
- It is possible to park in some nearby residential roads for an unlimited time, or free of charge in the Common car park which is approx 240 metres away, and a map is supplied on arrival showing its location.
- The front door entrance has a threshold step 17cm high from the street with a 6cm drop to the inside. The door clearance is 82cm in width and the key hole lock is 85cm high
- Inside the front door is a rectangular stair well, 105cm wide and 120cm in length at the foot of a flight of 10 stairs each with a tread of 24 cm and a rise of 21cm. There is a grab rail at either side. A child gate is provided to slot into groves at the top of this staircase. This is the first floor level.
- The front door stairwell is carpeted with door mat quality carpet, the stairs, landings, sitting room, dining room and bedrooms are all covered with short pile carpet. There is good contrast between the carpet and skirtings.
- A small landing 102cm wide by 66cm deep has steps of 22cm depth on the right and left leading to the sitting room and dining room respectively. Grab handles to each room are at a height of 119cm and the door widths are 68cm to each room.
Sitting room and Dining room
- The sitting room has a 3-seater sofa bed and 2 matching armchairs. A walk-in cupboard contains 2 director chairs, a step stool and a duvet and throw for the sofa bed.
- The sofa bed opens to 6 foot long, 3 foot 9 inches wide and 43cm high.
- There are wall lights and small lamps.
- A coal effect gas fire has controls at floor level and a fire guard is provided.
- The dining room contains a refectory-type table 152cm x 76cm with a clearance of 70cm under. 5 wooden dining room chairs have upholstered seats and there is 1 folding chair with a mesh seat.
- A dresser contains glass ware, table mats, etc. The walk-in cupboard with a 2cm step contains a hoover and cleaning materials. Also the electricity meter is housed here. (Gas meter is in the garden of Lower East Lodge and emergency entry keys are on the kitchen notice board.)
- From the landing between the sitting and dining rooms a step of 19cm onto a small landing 81cm wide by 113cm long, leads to the kitchen and bathroom level.
- The door width to the kitchen is 70cm.
- The flooring is vinyl, providing some contrast with skirtings.
- Work surfaces are at heights of 93cm and 94cm on either side.
- A floor standing fridge has a small freezer compartment.
- The gas cooker 90cm high, also floor standing, has 4 burners and a double oven plus grill accessed from the front.
- The single sink is 91cm in height with 3 drawers to the side, 2 cupboards under and 3 wall mounted cupboards above.
- A walk-in larder cupboard is shelved and has a 23cm threshold step.
- A casement window opens onto the flat room of the shop next door and access onto it will be regarded as trespassing onto our neighbours’s property.
- Wall mounted gas boiler provides hot water for all sinks, basins, bath, power shower and radiators.
- A passage 113cm wide and 138cm long leads across to the main bathroom.
- Both that and the toilet have vinyl flooring providing some contrast with skirtings.
- The bathroom door width is 66cm.
- The bath is 55cm high with integral grab rails on each side and has a flexible power shower over. The controls for this are wall mounted. A grab rail with mid point at 140cm is positioned on the long wall side of the bath.
- Toilet seat height is 43cm.
- Wash basin height is 81cm.
- Separate WC door width is 71cm.
- Toilet seat height is 44cm.
- Wash basin height is 79cm.
- A second staircase leads to the bedrooms. 7 stairs of width 88cm, each with tread 22cm and rise 22cm, and with a grab rail on the left, lead to a landing 118cm wide by 74cm deep. A 180 degree turn leads to 5 further steps, width 54cm and each having a rise and tread of 22cm. A grab handle is provided on the left, and the top landing has a guard banister rail over the stairwell.
- Dimmer light is provided on this landing, which is 170cm by 120cm.
- Smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm are fitted on the wall of this staircase.
- All bedrooms have wall mounted lights.
- Access width to each room is 59cm.
- 2 twin bedded rooms have standard 3 foot wide beds with heights of 49cm, walk in cupboards with 2cm threshold steps provide hanging space and shelving.
- There are drawer units and 1 wooden kitchen-type chair in each room.
- Single room divan is 2 foot 6 inches wide by 6 foot 3 inches long.
- Tourist information is in the dining room dresser. A Visitor Information Point is in Southwold Library on North Green, 500 metres from the flat, telephone 01502 722519.
- A notice board in the kitchen contains information about the flat and essential services and this is reproduced in a large print folder with the tourist information. Also in that drawer is a fire safety risk assessment and inventory.
- There is good mobile phone reception.
- Free secure WiFi is available.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in the town approximately 300 metres from the flat
- Wheelie bins for refuse are in the car parking space of Lower East Lodge and refuse is collected weekly on the Trade Refuse collection cycle.
- The flat is no smoking.
- Dogs are allowed at a small extra charge, but must never be left in unattended. Puppies are not accepted.
- Address: Upper East Lodge, East Street, Southwold, Suffolk IP18 6EH.
- Owner address for booking and key collection: 1 Sawyers Cottage, Norfolk Road, Wangford, Suffolk NR34 8RE.
- Owner telephone: 01502 578383
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.www.solely-southwold.co.uk
- Local taxi: 07899 011383
- Bus: First Group 08456 020 121
- Cycle hire: 01502 724280